- Planejunkie.com announces a New Aviation Book & Print Portfolio by Robert Taylor
- Chance to Win $500 and Amazing Black Friday Car Deals in Burlington at Car Nation Canada!
- Best Cyber Monday Deals 2021- Continue Discount With Black Friday In Nadula
September 28, 2021
Tanisha Jumper, Media and Communications, email@example.com, (253) 591-5152
Maria Lee, Media and Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org, (253) 591-2054
A Statement From Mayor Victoria Woodards on City of Tacoma's Utility Shut-off Moratorium
TACOMA, Wash. – "The State's moratorium on utility shutoffs is scheduled to end on September 30, 2021. I know that this may raise concern for a number of families across Washington state and right here in Tacoma who are behind on their payments.
Overall, you remain responsible for your utility bills, and we want to help you take action. If you've fallen behind on your utility payments, you are not alone. However, now is the time to make a plan to keep your service. Call 2-1-1 to speak with someone who can connect you to programs that can help.
More on Washingtoner
- Seattle: With Increased Demand for COVID-19 Boosters, Mayor Durkan and Partners Announce Expanded Hours at Amazon South Lake Union Clinic
- Zillow Group Announces Significant Progress on Zillow Offers Inventory Wind-Down and Authorizes $750 Million Share Repurchase Program
- Sound Life Sciences Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for Industry's First Contactless Sonar-based Respiratory Monitor for Smart Devices
- Toolfetch Hosts Product Launch for the New LB White Premier 40 Tent Heater
- Privacy Dynamics Launches One-Click De-Identification Tool, Eliminating Data Privacy and Disclosure Risks Within Minutes
Right now, there are tens of millions of dollars available for customers with overdue balances through several types of relief funds. Our goal is to connect every qualifying Tacoma Public Utilities customer with these resources. However, many of these relief funds are also available to customers of other utility providers. Because a number of other providers will begin shutting off service at the end of September, it is critical that Tacoma Public Utilities and Environmental Services customers apply for these resources now, while funds last.
I want to reassure Tacoma Public Utilities customers, including those outside city limits, that the City of Tacoma's utility shut-off moratorium is independent of the action that the State has taken. This means that no one in our community will be shut off immediately, and we will provide advance notice before the moratorium established under Tacoma's Declaration of Emergency ends. When it concludes, every Tacoma Public Utilities customer with an outstanding balance from the months of the pandemic will be placed on an automatic installment plan.
In the meantime, I urge all of our residents to call 2-1-1, find out what assistance you qualify for and take advantage of the resources available to help you and your household."
Latest on Washingtoner
- GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer Hires Joelle Fathi, DNP as Chief Healthcare Delivery Officer
- T-Mobile Agrees to Sell $3.0 Billion of Senior Secured Notes
- City of Seattle and Community Partners Host Home for the Holidays Events in December to Continue Downtown Recovery
- Stoneway Concrete Drivers Begin Unfair Labor Practice Strike
- Brian Pearl and Vincenza (Vini) Antonacci of The Pearl Antonacci Group were Named to RealTrends + Tom Ferry America's Best Real Estate Profe
- Sociopreneur, Maya Miranda Ambarsari Presents a Business Information and Authentic Data Platform for Global Markets
- City of Tacoma adopts the 2030 Climate Action Plan
- REI Co-op announces new chief commercial officer; two senior leader promotions
- India's FSSAI Grants Novel Food Approval for NEM® brand eggshell membrane
- Drake Software and National Association of Tax Professionals present second free roundtable discussion in preparation of the 2022 tax season
- Imperative Launches Solution that Enables Executives to Actively Measure and Improve Employee Engagement and Productivity
- Nintex Brings Native eSignatures to Nintex Workflow Cloud and Nintex Drawloop®
- E | N | L is Now Offering Multiple Acrylic Systems!
- Nola Blue Records signs The Love Light Orchestra
- Beauty Pitch Alert: GlossWire Announces Top 12 Finalists for Global Pitch Competition
- Female Entrepreneur Who has Secured $17M in Funds Offers Free Grant Writing Training to Nonprofit Organizations and Small Businesses
- Amazon Investing in 274 Renewable Energy Projects Globally, Adds 18 New Projects in Europe and U.S.
- O3 Industries acquires Gumtree UK and Motors.co.uk, two leading online classifieds marketplaces
- Yoav Blat Offers Technology-based NYC Real Estate Services Knitted in Human Relationships
- Dicture NFT Launch in Miami During Art Basel!