- Marketing 2.0 Conference Announces Two New Editions In Las Vegas And Dubai
- Intellinetics, Inc. to Present at the 17th Annual Taglich Brothers Investment Conference in New York City
- Gepard PIM Has Launched A Shopify Connector
During June, the average estimated cost to transfer retiree pension risk to an insurer rose, from 102.0% of a plan's total liabilities to 102.4% of those liabilities. This means the average estimated retiree PRT cost for the month is now 2.4% more than those plans' retiree accumulated benefit obligation (ABO). Meanwhile annuity purchase costs reflecting competition amongst insurers also increased, from 99.7% in May to 100.0% in June.
"First quarter pension risk transfer activity had a slow start in 2021 compared to 2019 and 2020, but with scheduled plan terminations on the horizon and an increased interest in retiree buy-outs, activity is expected to increase," says Mary Leong, a consulting actuary with Milliman and co-author of the study. "Plan sponsors may also be weighing the impact of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA-21) on their pension plans before making decisions to de-risk."
More on Washingtoner
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- The Rivalry Lives On: Canoe Ridge Vineyard And Waterbrook Winery Team Up With Cougar And Husky Athletics
- MBA Mortgage Corp. Receives Honorable Mention for the DAV'S Outstanding Small Employer of the Year
- Is Demand For Pools Increasing or Decreasing in Las Vegas?
- VORAGO Technologies announces 4-channel Rad-Hard Latch-up Monitor IC solution, now sampling
The MPBI uses the FTSE Above Median AA Curve, along with annuity purchase composite interest rates from eight insurers, to estimate the average and competitive costs of a PRT annuity de-risking strategy. Individual plan annuity buyouts can vary based on plan size, complexity, and competitive landscape.
To view the complete Milliman Pension Buyout Index, go to https://www.milliman.com/mpbi.
Milliman is among the world's largest providers of actuarial and related products and services. The firm has consulting practices in healthcare, property & casualty insurance, life insurance and financial services, and employee benefits. Founded in 1947, Milliman is an independent firm with offices in major cities around the globe. For further information, visit milliman.com.
SOURCE Milliman, Inc.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Washingtoner
- The 5-Star Reviews Keep Coming for "Shadows in Light"
- Kairos Strategy Group Announces Commitment to Global Efforts Advocating for Cybersecurity Best Practices during Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- SONSON® Launches New Bow Tie Collection Celebrating Creatives and Trailblazers: "EXCELLENCE"
- KaJ Labs, a Seattle Startup, Pledges to Gift 6,000 Bitcoin ($270M) to El Salvador & Other Nations Adopting Bitcoin as Legal Tender, LITHO Utility Token Launch
- KLC Hires Dan Womack As New President
- Weld Money, cryptocurrency bank card startup, raises capital from Magnus Capital, HSVC Capital, and Concorde Capital
- Obsidian Anime Lab, where fans get to create an anime!
- Cyberpion Reveals A Quarter of Fortune 500 Companies Have Exploitable Vulnerabilities in their External IT Network
- BeeRemote Launches Hive Working Revolution
- Calvetta Phair, Founder of 'The On It Foundation', Announces a Partnership with 3R Technology, a Seattle-based e-waste Recycling Company
- Announcing Two Japan Evening "Light-up" Events in Autumn 2021
- Gates Foundation's Annual Goalkeepers Report Finds Stark Disparities in COVID-19 Impacts
- Covid is NOT Over, and Daily Habits are More Important Than Ever
- Gold Coast Health Plan and AmericasHealth Plan Partner on Three-Year Medi-Cal Pilot Program
- Live Good and Union Station Homeless Services Unite To Hold "A Celebration of Love and Unity" Fundraising Event
- Grundéns Expands GORE-TEX, Footwear, and Insulation Offerings for Fall 2021
- Braeden Lichti: How Have Pandemic Supply Chain Issues Impacted Businesses and Wall Street?
- National Association of Tax Professionals releases annual tax preparer fee study
- CORA Vascular Interventional Radiologists strive to save limbs, save lives
- Loftus Wealth Strategies Celebrates 10 Years with Strategic Expansion