- Planejunkie.com announces a New Aviation Book & Print Portfolio by Robert Taylor
- Chance to Win $500 and Amazing Black Friday Car Deals in Burlington at Car Nation Canada!
- Best Cyber Monday Deals 2021- Continue Discount With Black Friday In Nadula
October 25, 2021
Tanisha Jumper, Media and Communications, email@example.com, (253) 591-5152
Maria Lee, Media and Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org, (253) 591-2054
City of Tacoma Launches Two New Grant Programs to Ease Negative Economic Impacts of COVID-19
-- New Programs Launch October 25; Applicants May Register for Virtual Information Sessions at MakeItTacoma.com --
TACOMA, Wash. -- In an ongoing effort to ease the negative economic impacts of COVID-19 throughout Tacoma, the City of Tacoma's Community and Economic Development Department has established two new grant programs with $3.25 million in American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding.
"As we continue working toward economic recovery, we want to keep doing everything we can to support our community," said Tacoma Mayor Victoria Woodards. "We will be partnering with equity navigators in the community to specifically target outreach in low and very-low opportunity areas."
More on Washingtoner
- Seattle: With Increased Demand for COVID-19 Boosters, Mayor Durkan and Partners Announce Expanded Hours at Amazon South Lake Union Clinic
- Zillow Group Announces Significant Progress on Zillow Offers Inventory Wind-Down and Authorizes $750 Million Share Repurchase Program
- Sound Life Sciences Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for Industry's First Contactless Sonar-based Respiratory Monitor for Smart Devices
- Toolfetch Hosts Product Launch for the New LB White Premier 40 Tent Heater
- Privacy Dynamics Launches One-Click De-Identification Tool, Eliminating Data Privacy and Disclosure Risks Within Minutes
The two new grant programs are designed to cover allowable expenses not covered by other COVID-19 funding sources:
- Small Business Recovery Grants of $15,000 each will be available to micro-businesses of 15 or fewer full time equivalent employees, including the owner(s). Eligible businesses will have owner(s) with a household income that does not exceed 80 percent of the area median income.
- Nonprofit Recovery Grants of $10,000-$75,000 each will be available to federally registered 501(c)(3) organizations impacted by the pandemic that focus on supporting Tacoma in the retention/creation of livable wage jobs. In support of the City's anti-racist systems transformation efforts, this grant has a funding bonus for BIPOC organizations.
Grant applications will be accepted October 25, 2021 through November 15, 2021, and grant recipients will be notified by December 6, 2021. Grant application details are available on MakeItTacoma.com. Questions regarding the Small Business Recovery Grant program may be directed to SB-RecoveryGrant@cityoftacoma.org or (253) 591-5621. Questions regarding the Nonprofit Recovery Grant program may be directed to NP-RecoveryGrant@cityoftacoma.org or (253) 591-5208.
More on Washingtoner
- Spokane: Child Rape Sentencing
- Cloud Security Alliance Issues Guidance to Help Organizations Optimize Business Outcomes When Using Cloud-native Key Management Services with External Key Origin
- Marubun and Ossia Combine Forces to Develop Wireless Power Sensor Receiver for Broad Applications
- Data Accuracy Revolution Begins: Truthset wins I-COM Challenge
- Omeros Announces Agreement to Sell OMIDRIA® Franchise to Rayner Surgical in a Transaction Valued in Excess of $1 Billion
As the situation evolves, general information about the City's response to COVID-19 will be posted on the "What's Going On" section of the City's website. Information about COVID-19 is available at TPCHD.org/coronavirus.
Latest on Washingtoner
- Female Entrepreneur Who has Secured $17M in Funds Offers Free Grant Writing Training to Nonprofit Organizations and Small Businesses
- Amazon Investing in 274 Renewable Energy Projects Globally, Adds 18 New Projects in Europe and U.S.
- O3 Industries acquires Gumtree UK and Motors.co.uk, two leading online classifieds marketplaces
- Yoav Blat Offers Technology-based NYC Real Estate Services Knitted in Human Relationships
- Dicture NFT Launch in Miami During Art Basel!
- Call options activity on Nvidia stock is unusually high
- Microsoft holds annual shareholders meeting
- Impinj to Participate in Raymond James Technology Investors Conference
- FDA Clears SeptiCyte® RAPID - The First One-Hour, Direct-from-Blood Sepsis Test
- NATP recommends taxpayers take certain actions before Dec. 31 to reduce tax liabilities and prepare for 2021 return
- Spokane: Male Dies in Motorcycle Crash
- Spokane: City Council Seeks Community Input on Former East Central Library Space
- Ignacio Ampuero joins HR tech startup, Pasito, as CTO
- StartupSystems.Net: How Technology is Helping Ease the Pain of Rising Inflation In the US
- Axiros Solution Enables Ogi to Manage Multiple Clients Devices and CPE in the Telco/ISP Market
- Holiday Health Discounts Announced by myLAB Box
- The GOAT mindset: Expedia reveals 2022's biggest travel trend
- Author, Mel Jackson Launches Inspirational Self Care Workbook Just In Time For The Holidays
- AWS Supports Roche in Harnessing the Power of Health Data at Scale
- Faurecia Aptoide Brings INRIX ParkMe to Millions of Vehicles Worldwide