- Ryan Joseph Kopyar, set to launch life changing online program "Reconnect to Your Greatness"
- Grayhawk Capital Receives U.S. Small Business Administration Investment Company of the Year Award
- Global Changemakers Celebrate Black Women In Film At Cannes Film Festival In Response To Gross Underrepresentation In Competition, over 75-years
January 25, 2022
Tammi Bryant, Tacoma Venues & Events, firstname.lastname@example.org, (253) 593-7617 Office / (253) 257-5540 Mobile
Adam S. Cook Appointed Tacoma Venues & Events Director Effective January 31, 2022
City Manager Elizabeth Pauli has appointed Deputy Director Adam S. Cook to the position of Director, Tacoma Venues & Events (TVE), effective January 31, 2022. The Tacoma City Council confirmed the appointment on January 25.
Cook has been interim department Director for Tacoma Venues & Events since September 2020, leading the department through the re-opening of the Tacoma Dome, ongoing events at the Greater Tacoma Convention Center, transitioning management at the City of Tacoma-owned theaters, and oversight of Special Events, the Office of Arts & Cultural Vitality, and Tacoma Creates.
"Adam Cook's authentic and collaborative leadership and his astute financial oversight have ensured the well-being of our venues and our arts and culture sector despite challenging pandemic impacts," said City Manager Elizabeth Pauli. "Under his leadership, we look forward to continued growth for the department in their mission of providing welcoming and inclusive spaces for all, generating positive economic impact and quality of life for the community."
More on Washingtoner
- Volatus Group Beyond Visual Line of Site waiver approved for Censys Sentaero UAS Operations and Training at the Pendleton UAS Range
- Tacoma: Solid Waste Management Receives Recycler of the Year Award
- Spokane: 'Taking Leadership Skills Back To the Neighborhoods'
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) and Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Reconstruction Devices Market to Surpass US$ 19,145 Million by 2030 - Coherent Market Insights
- Spokane: City Closures Planned For Memorial Day
As the City of Tacoma's Director for TVE, Cook will be responsible for leading the operations and management of the City of Tacoma's public assembly facilities, including strategic partnerships to improve community access to diverse and creative citywide programming. The role includes generating positive economic impact, managing maintenance and investment into infrastructure to ensure continued viability, and nurturing arts and business sector partnerships.
"I am pleased to have the opportunity to lead our talented team as stewards of these iconic community assets for the City of Tacoma," said Cook. "I look forward to working with our crew to continue to present and host world-class events with our culture of safety and service excellence. We have made Tacoma a destination market and will continue to build engagement with our community and local organizations through increased access to our venues and diverse programming."
Cook joined the City of Tacoma in 2019 as Deputy Director for Tacoma Venues & Events where he helped lead the day-to-day operations of the department including managing department budgets, revenues, and contracts. Cook has more than 20 years' experience in venues and events including leadership roles at the Rose Quarter (Portland, OR), Edmonton Expo Centre and Rexall Place (Edmonton, AB, Canada), Comcast Arena (Everett, WA), and most recently as Vice President of Operations for Seafair (Seattle, WA). He holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Bowdoin College (Brunswick, ME) and serves on the International Association of Venue Managers (IAVM) Venue Management School Board of Regents. He earned his Certified Venue Executive designation from IAVM in 2014 and is a published author and speaker for the industry association.
More on Washingtoner
- Average American Spends $78 On Jewelry Annually, Finds New CWC Jewelry Market Study
- Tanium Unveils Free Comprehensive Risk Assessment
- NanoString Launches Integrated Informatics to Facilitate Spatial Biology Research Using Next Generation Sequencing
- Pacific Northwest Rapper King Raymond Drops Hot New Track "DTS On 6's"
- Mindworks Hypnosis & NLP Offers "A Chance to Trance" Hypnosis Event on June 25th
About Tacoma Venues & Events: The City of Tacoma enhances quality of life for the community and drives economic vitality through its premier venues and diverse entertainment opportunities. Tacoma Venues & Events manages these renowned venues which include the Tacoma Dome, one of the world's largest wood domed structures with flexible seating configurations ranging from 5,000-21,000; the Greater Tacoma Convention Center, artful and modern with its trademark glass walls and 119,000 square feet of event space; Cheney Stadium, home of the Tacoma Rainiers; and the historic Pantages and Rialto Theaters, and Theatre on the Square. The department includes Special Events, the Office of Arts & Cultural Vitality, and Tacoma Creates.
Latest on Washingtoner
- The world's most anticipated blockchain game "Rise of Elves", is going to launch its Closed Beta in May!
- Noted storyteller and technologist Angelica McKinley joins the board of NMHA
- West Shore Construction Named #1 Hurricane Fabric Dealer in the Country
- Exterro Enhances Digital Forensic and Incident Response Automation with Major Upgrades to FTK® Connect
- Leafly to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences
- Dungeon Forward Inks Multi Collection Deal with Nickelodeon and Paramount Consumer Products
- Edifecs' Leaders to Speak at WEDI 2022 Spring Virtual Conference
- Energy-Transition Champion, Vladimir Novak, Joins Ultra Safe Nuclear as Chief Commercial Officer
- M.King Media's 2nd Special Report "Black America: We Have A Problem" Is Now Streaming
- Spokane: Free Riverfront Park Spring and Summer Activities 2022
- Virtual Workshop on How to Do Business With the City of Tacoma on June 1
- City of Spokane to Host Citywide Traffic Calming Workshops
- Tacoma: City of Destiny Awards Back Live In 2022
- Blockchain Startup Aimed at Financial Inclusion Secures 25 Million Dollar Capital Commitment
- HR Tech Awards Recognizes Valuable Contributors to Hiring, Retention, and More
- The Martini Shot Launches A Sci-Fi Martial Arts and Fashion Franchise
- 1040 Abroad: Live tax-free if you earn less than $112,000
- Alaska Airlines names 30-year industry veteran new senior vice president of airport operations
- CoreStack and Ingram Micro Cloud Come Together to Deliver Next-Gen FinOps and Cloud Governance
- Implement The Exploration Of Charity In The Virtual World Concept Till The Very End