- Ryan Joseph Kopyar, set to launch life changing online program "Reconnect to Your Greatness"
- Grayhawk Capital Receives U.S. Small Business Administration Investment Company of the Year Award
- Global Changemakers Celebrate Black Women In Film At Cannes Film Festival In Response To Gross Underrepresentation In Competition, over 75-years
January 25, 2022
Tammi Bryant, Tacoma Venues & Events, email@example.com, (253) 593-7617 Office / (253) 257-5540 Mobile
Applications for 2022-2023 Tacoma Creates Funding Now Available
-- Comprehensive Organizational Support Applications Due March 14, 2022, Impact Funding Applications Due March 28, 2022 --
Tacoma Creates is now accepting applications for its third year of funding, supporting cultural organizations' programs and events to be presented between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023. Tacoma Creates supports organizations whose primary purpose is to advance and/or preserve arts, culture, heritage, and/or science through two funding categories: Comprehensive Organizational Support and Impact Funding.
Funding is determined through a competitive application process and is intended to help eligible non-profit organizations expand equitable access to public programs, grow educational options for youth, increase opportunities in neighborhoods throughout Tacoma, and build sustainability for continued services.
"The cultural sector continues to be resource valued asset in our community, rising to new challenges and continuing to innovate in their programming," said Lisa Jaret, Tacoma Creates Program Manager. Sheree Cooks, Chair of the Tacoma Creates Advisory Board, added, "The way that arts, culture, heritage, and science organizations are connecting with community right now is so important; their good work is directly connected to community health."
More on Washingtoner
- Volatus Group Beyond Visual Line of Site waiver approved for Censys Sentaero UAS Operations and Training at the Pendleton UAS Range
- Tacoma: Solid Waste Management Receives Recycler of the Year Award
- Spokane: 'Taking Leadership Skills Back To the Neighborhoods'
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) and Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Reconstruction Devices Market to Surpass US$ 19,145 Million by 2030 - Coherent Market Insights
- Spokane: City Closures Planned For Memorial Day
Comprehensive Organizational Support Funding
Organizations that apply for Comprehensive Organizational Support funding may request up to 15 percent of their total annual budget, based on the average of their actual income over their last three completed fiscal years, up to a maximum of $400,000. Applicants in this category must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization located in the City of Tacoma and provide a wide range of ongoing cultural programs, including programming available to the general public, as well as youth education programs. The deadline to apply is 11:59 PM on March 14, 2022.
Organizations that apply for Impact Funding may request a minimum of $3,000, and up to $50,000 for a single program or multiple programs. Impact Funding can support general public programs and/or youth education programs. Organizations in this category may be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, or may apply with an eligible fiscal sponsor. Business District Associations and Neighborhood Councils recognized by the City of Tacoma, Affiliate Cultural Organizations within a larger non-profit, and organizations that are based in Pierce County but whose primary work happens in Tacoma may also be eligible. The deadline to apply is 11:59 PM on March 28, 2022.
Detailed eligibility criteria, program and application guidelines, and access to the online application form are available on the Tacoma Creates website.
More on Washingtoner
- Average American Spends $78 On Jewelry Annually, Finds New CWC Jewelry Market Study
- Tanium Unveils Free Comprehensive Risk Assessment
- NanoString Launches Integrated Informatics to Facilitate Spatial Biology Research Using Next Generation Sequencing
- Pacific Northwest Rapper King Raymond Drops Hot New Track "DTS On 6's"
- Mindworks Hypnosis & NLP Offers "A Chance to Trance" Hypnosis Event on June 25th
Prospective applicants for both categories are encouraged to attend free workshops (via Zoom) explaining the application process and how to develop a strong proposal. Registration links and information on how to contact staff directly for application assistance are available online.
In addition to application support available for all applicants, Tacoma Creates is pleased to announce a new partnership with Communities Rise to provide additional application support for organizations that serve communities impacted by systemic oppression and whose annual budgets are $200,000 or less. Organizations that meet these criteria, and the eligibility criteria for Impact Funding, may request up to 2 one-hour sessions with a consultant, at no charge.
About Tacoma Creates
Tacoma Creates is a voter-approved initiative to increase access to arts, culture, heritage, and science experiences by reducing barriers to access and expanding offerings, particularly for underserved youth. During its inaugural funding year, Tacoma Creates funded 57 cultural organizations that created new and innovative ways to provide programming to the community despite the continuing challenges of the pandemic. Learn more about the impacts of the $4.7 million in contracts in the Tacoma Creates 2020-2021 Annual Report.
More information about Tacoma Creates is available at tacomacreates.org.
Latest on Washingtoner
- The world's most anticipated blockchain game "Rise of Elves", is going to launch its Closed Beta in May!
- Noted storyteller and technologist Angelica McKinley joins the board of NMHA
- West Shore Construction Named #1 Hurricane Fabric Dealer in the Country
- Exterro Enhances Digital Forensic and Incident Response Automation with Major Upgrades to FTK® Connect
- Leafly to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences
- Dungeon Forward Inks Multi Collection Deal with Nickelodeon and Paramount Consumer Products
- Edifecs' Leaders to Speak at WEDI 2022 Spring Virtual Conference
- Energy-Transition Champion, Vladimir Novak, Joins Ultra Safe Nuclear as Chief Commercial Officer
- M.King Media's 2nd Special Report "Black America: We Have A Problem" Is Now Streaming
- Spokane: Free Riverfront Park Spring and Summer Activities 2022
- Virtual Workshop on How to Do Business With the City of Tacoma on June 1
- City of Spokane to Host Citywide Traffic Calming Workshops
- Tacoma: City of Destiny Awards Back Live In 2022
- Blockchain Startup Aimed at Financial Inclusion Secures 25 Million Dollar Capital Commitment
- HR Tech Awards Recognizes Valuable Contributors to Hiring, Retention, and More
- The Martini Shot Launches A Sci-Fi Martial Arts and Fashion Franchise
- 1040 Abroad: Live tax-free if you earn less than $112,000
- Alaska Airlines names 30-year industry veteran new senior vice president of airport operations
- CoreStack and Ingram Micro Cloud Come Together to Deliver Next-Gen FinOps and Cloud Governance
- Implement The Exploration Of Charity In The Virtual World Concept Till The Very End