- Founder Of Sheen Magazine & Co-founder Of Chapman Products Company Featured In Vogue Magazine
- DeepCell Industries Awarded Groundbreaking Patent for Prebiotic Cannabis Formulation
- Torres Trade Advisory and Vazquez Tercero & Zepeda Join Forces to Help U.S. and Mexican Companies Navigate Trade and Regulatory Compliance
"There is no doubt that the digital transformation of the past year has opened the door to greater opportunity for our customers and for Microsoft. But it has also increased our responsibility in a world where technology must do more to address the pressing challenges we collectively face," said Satya Nadella, Chairman and CEO, Microsoft.
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Amy Hood recapped Microsoft's strong performance in fiscal year 2021 and outlook for the current fiscal year, powered by accelerating digital transformation and consistent strong execution. Hood noted that the company's strong momentum focused on growing usage across Microsoft's differentiated cloud offerings and delivering new consumer experiences.
At the meeting, Microsoft's shareholders acted on the following proposals:
- Elected 12 directors to serve until the next annual meeting of shareholders, including the new addition of Carlos Rodriguez. All directors attended the annual shareholders meeting.
- Approved, on a nonbinding advisory basis, the compensation of the company's named executive officers.
- Approved the Employee Stock Purchase Plan, to replace the Microsoft Employee Stock Purchase Plan approved by shareholders in November 2012.
- Ratified the selection of Deloitte & Touche LLP as the company's independent auditor for fiscal year 2022.
- Rejected a shareholder proposal submitted by Arjuna Capital to prepare a report on median race and gender gaps, given that Microsoft details its commitments and progress achieving greater diversity and inclusion and ensuring pay equity in its annual Global Diversity and Inclusion Report.
- Approved a shareholder proposal by Arjuna Capital to prepare a report on the company's workplace sexual harassment policies. Microsoft already shares with employees annual data on the volume of sexual harassment concerns raised and the results of harassment investigations and has adopted plans to begin annual public reporting.
- Rejected a proposal from Harrington Investments concerning the sales of facial recognition technology, as it does not take into account Microsoft's extensive public commitments and disclosures on this topic.
- Rejected a proposal from NorthStar Asset Management to prepare a report on Microsoft's commitment to the Fair Chance Business Pledge, as the company has numerous steps in place to effectively implement The Pledge and has already implemented multiple safeguards to protect job candidates.
- Rejected a proposal submitted by The Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace and others to prepare a report on the company's lobbying activities, as Microsoft is committed to a thoughtful approach that's been recognized for leading practices, including publishing an annual report on its political action committee.
The results will be reported in a Form 8-K that will be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
More on Washingtoner
- Prices for Consumer Goods are Rising Quickest in America's Top Migration Destinations
- Mr. Ismail Sirdah – A Man Of Intelligence And Patience
- HomeStreet Announces a $75 Million Expansion of Our Share Repurchase Program and Common Stock Dividend of $0.35 Per Share, a 40% Increase
- Tacoma: East 64th Street Phase 2 Project Update Virtual Meeting on February 10
- Spokane: Council Member Jonathan Bingle Statement Regarding Mask Mandate
Microsoft's board of directors consists of Reid Hoffman, general partner at Greylock Partners; Hugh Johnston, vice chairman and CFO of PepsiCo; Teri List, former executive vice president and CFO of Gap Inc.; Satya Nadella, Microsoft chairman and CEO; Sandra E. Peterson, operating partner at Clayton, Dubilier & Rice; Penny Pritzker, founder and chairman of PSP Partners; Carlos Rodriguez, president and CEO of ADP; Charles W. Scharf, president and CEO of Wells Fargo & Company; John W. Stanton, chairman of Trilogy Partnerships; John W. Thompson, Microsoft lead independent director; Emma Walmsley, CEO of GlaxoSmithKline; and Padmasree Warrior, founder, president and CEO, Fable Group Inc.
Microsoft (Nasdaq "MSFT" @microsoft) enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge. Its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
SOURCE Microsoft Corp.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Washingtoner
- SafuCoin (SAFUCOIN) announces it will provide a critical missing part of the infrastructure for the crypto economy – a 'trust layer'
- Logixboard Raises $32M Series B from Insight Partners to Continue Modernizing the $2T Freight Forwarding Industry
- New hire power hitters bring additional strategic depth to help USAM's clients
- Avalara NEXT Returns with Virtual Event for Developers
- CyberSecurity Malaysia, EclecticIQ, and Syntx Sign MOU to Build Cyber Threat Intelligence Capabilities in the Region
- Adam Cook Appointed Tacoma Venues & Events Director
- Applications for 2022-2023 Tacoma Creates Funding Now Available
- Tacoma: Applicants Sought for the Commission on Immigrant and Refugee Affairs
- Spokane: Officer Involved Shooting
- Spokane: Council Member Betsy Wilkerson Awarded With Association of Washington Cities Certificate of Municipal Leadership
- Spokane: Eastside Garage/Modified Living Space Fire
- Spokane: Northside Basement Fire
- Clearwater Paper Announces Availability and Timing of Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2021 Earnings Conference Call and Webcast
- Commercial Collection Bureau Partners with Leadferno for B2B Text Messaging and More
- Global Fipronil Market to Grow US$ 605.9 Mn by end of 2027, Says Coherent Market Insights 800 Words
- 102.3 WLUV Acquired By Trailblazer Multimedia
- 11Sight Welcomes Jason Carver as Vice President of Product Management
- CloudMoyo Honored With Partner of the Year – FORTE Values in the First Annual Icertis Partner of the Year Awards
- Goldfish Swim School Makes a Splash in Washington with New Signed Franchise Agreement
- Author, Philanthropist, Entrepreneur, And Public Speaker, Mel Jackson To Appear As Keynote Speaker